The Fall is the perfect time of year to refresh your look, to give yourself a lift and pick up a few new duds, fun cosmetic products and revamp your hairdo . Recently we ( Touch of Blush ) teamed up with DNA Salon , Arcadia Boutique and Sonata Restaurant to offer one lucky Philadelphia Woman the ultimate makeover. It was an amazing experience for all and the results were great. Our lucky winner, Julie, was treated to a new cut and color for her hair, makeup tips and tricks with application , some beautiful new threads and a date night out with her hubby post make over. Check out some before and after photos ...be on the look-out for our next make over contest...you could be the lucky winner of this Ultimate Beauty Lift:)
So it's your wedding day and all eyes are on you. There is no better time in your life completely pamper yourself and feel like the ultimate queen. You have secured your perfect gown to glide gracefully down the aisle. You have spent hours picking the perfect flowers , tasting amazing foods and delicious cake options. You have the bridal party organized, music set, guests are beginning to arrive and your Lovely Locks are set in the perfect style. While you sit back and take in every moment, indulge yourself in pure decadence with Too Faced's Lip of Luxury line of lipstick.
Drenched in shea butter, rich color, and diamond shine. This exclusive formula smooths out fine lines and creases while it pampers your lips with a fizzy and flavorful moisture surge of pure champagne essences. SO MAKE THOSE LIPS TRULY POP! Favorite colors are Free Love and Sex Kitten:)
I love the Fall! Pumpkins, colored leaves, chill in the air, the smell of warm beverages, apples , warm blankets on cold evenings...I just love it! There there is one fall treat that is just quintessentially FALL and irresistible! APPLE CIDER DONUTS!!!!
If you have never had one you honestly have not experienced the true meaning of FALL. The best ones are served warm, the donut itself is not overly sweet , and the outside has a slight crunch or crust to it and then the BEST part, the glaze which is prepared with apple cider and then dusted with LOADS of cinnamon and sugar.
At this point your mouth is probably watering and you are also asking yourself, " What does this donut have to do with a beauty blog?" Well, here is the answer. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a dozen of these fall wonder donuts this past weekend and when I took my first bite I realized something: THESE DONUTS ARE PERFECT FOR LIP EXFOLIATING!! YES, indeed! The texture of these donuts has the perfect consistency to remove that ugly , dry skin that has started to form on your lips due to the change in season. So there you have it! Don't feel so guilty biting into this sinful pleasure , think to yourself that the Apple Cider Donut does a body good:) Just try not to lick those lips when you are done exfoliating them!
Summer is starting to come to an end and pretty soon our schedules are going to become more intense and busy. So here are three makeup looks that can be achieved in less than 5 Minutes.
Post Workout Wonder
For all you early risers that hit the gym before dawn and need a quick makeup look post workout to get you through your work day. Try this 5 minute face:
Stila One Step Makeup: This product packs a punch. 2 to 3 pumps onto your finger tips and gentle massage into your face and you will instantly be getting benefits of a primer, foundation, concealer and powder. WOW
Then grab Fingers Paints from Josie Maran in “Lovely”. As you gather from the name this small portable palette full of gorgeous products all can be applied with your fingers it includes perfect feminine colors that work on most all skin tones. The products are interchangeable and will bring a soft healthy glowing color to your lids, lips and cheeks. Best of all this quad is natural and organic and does not contain fragrances or parabens.
By using these two products you will have that 5 min face and lighten that gym bag load but not having to schlep a big cosmetic bag with you.
Day to Night in 5 and Smokin Hot
Want to go from day to night in 5 minutes flat.
Start off by creating the perfect sexy eye and defining those brows…think only an expert can achieve the sexy smoky eye think again. Pick up Benefit’s Smokin eye kit. It is great t have on hand because it contains all that you need, 3 amazing eye colors that can be blended together with the mini brush that is included for that smokin hot look. It also contains tools to quickly define the brow and even a mini tweezers for those discreet touch ups.
Finish this look by applying a few swipes of dark black lengthening mascara and a sexy natural pink lip such as MAC lip glass in “feeling Dreamy”.
Top the Tinted moisturizer with some of Nars’ Cosmetics Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna. This blush/bronzer combo shade is universally flattering and will help you maintain that quintessential summer glow as long as possible. Hit the lip with a little luxury with Too Faced Champagne infused Lipstick in Free Love, and don’t leave home without the ever essential swipes of mascara ( Cover girl Lash Blast is a great stand by) and be sure to pop some super cute blotting papers (such as Tokidoki Cartina Blotting Papers) into your wristlet before you head out the door to refresh your complexion throughout the day.
I had the great privledge to appear on Fox's Good Day Philadelphia this AM to do a segment on Beauty 911's. Let me start off by saying everyone at the studio from the security guards , to the interns, to the crew and anchors are amazing. I felt right at home and even a little like a celebrity:) I had the chance to meet John Anderson, Sheinelle Jone and the one and only Jennaphr Frederick.
They were all wonderful, engaging people.
So now onto some of the quick fixes for some beauty blunders:
If you’re self-tanner application has turned out streaky or blotchy or you’re just feeling a bit too orange, there are a few products on the market that you can buy to get your skin back to normal.
• One of the best we have found in St. Tropez Self Tan Remover.
• For an at-home remover, take 2 tablespoons of baking soda, some lemon juice and a few splashes of water and mix together to create a paste. Use a washcloth and in circular motions rub on the streaked areas of the skin.
• In the future, make sure you exfoliate well and moisturize thoroughly prior to self-tanning; this will remove dead skin and create a smooth canvas and reduce the risk of splotches.
Pimples and blemishes happen to everyone from time to time and often at the worst possible moment. Picking a pimple is never recommended - not only can it lead to an infection but it also can leave a scare and slow the healing process. Still, we’ve all done it before. So what do you do now that it’s red, swollen and irritated?
• Chop up a non-coated aspirin and mix it with water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the spot for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
• Dab a Q-tip with eye drops that remove red from eyes, such as Visine.
• To cover, dab with a thin layer of Benefit Erase Paste and blend outward with a sponge. Do not load on the product as this will make it look worse.
• Once you have blended outward, set the concealer with Makeup Forever HD Setting Translucent Powder.
• If you pimple is on your cheek, avoid rosy blush and instead choose use beige or soft brown shade and skip the shimmer.
• If the pimple is around the chin or mouth, try a soft lip color such as a nude or pinky beige.
Whether you went a little tweezer happy in front of the magnifying mirror or your trip to the salon for an eyebrow wax went array, there is hope.
• To reduce the redness and post-tweezing or waxing bumps, apply a soothing cream. Tweezerman has come out with an AWESOME soothing cream that will calm your brows in no time.
• Next, temporarily fill in the brows with a slanted liner brush and brow power. Sephora has a whole kit, which I always keep on hand, the Sephora Arch it brow kit.
• To speed up the re-growth process, try one of the new brow serums on the market to promote growth, strength. Volume and length. I like The Brow Doctor or Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum.
While we all know the harmful affects of too much sun, it’s tough to completely avoid the outdoors, especially after this beautiful holiday weekend. If you do spend too much time in the sun without reapplying sunscreen and end up with a burn, here’s what to do:
• First, soothe the sunburn with a washcloth soaked in cold black tea- the tannic acid in the tea clams inflammation.
• Pat dry and top with aloe vera gel.
• As the burned skin begins to peel. moisturize twice a day with a gentle yet heavy-duty moisturizer like Aquaphor. Whatever you do, do not peel away the skin.
• Avoid damaging your skin any further, with a quality sunscreen designed for the face, such as Clinque Solar Smart Face Cream with SPF 50.
• To camouflage a burn, remember less is more. You may be tempted to cover your face with thick foundations or creams but it is ideal to a high quality, hypoallergenic mineral powder or bronzer. We recommend, Peter Thomas Roth Mineral Bronzer with SPF 30.
• Treat scorched lips with lip treatment and a tint to boot. THE BEST Product for this is Fresh’s Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment. I like Sheer Berry Plum.
• If there are any open blisters, do not use any makeup at all.
With all the formulas out there, clumpy mascara still remains a problem for many but there is a quick solution to this common dilemma. The mascara went on clumped – now what?
• Wipe the wand lightly with paper towel, not a tissue.
• Start at root of lashes and swish up a few times. Try a lengthening formula as they tend to be thinner than volume-boosting formulas.
• If you get mascara on your eyelid, use a Q-tip dipped in little face cream or lotion and quickly dab the area.
Fall/Winter 2010 beauty trends are starting to make an appearance and it seems that a BIG Trend for Men is Facial Hair. The Moustache, Goatee, Mutton Chops, Chin Curtain, Soul Patch , Fu Manchu and full fledged Lumber Jack Beard are all making a come back and fast . When I started to think about this new male trend I started to get nervous. Why?
Well have you have tried to kiss a man with protruding facial hair? For a sensitive skinned girl like myself , facial hair can be a complete nightmare. I always tell my Mr. Wonderful that when he doesn't shave for a few days it feels like little, sharp mini blades are scratching my skin with every kiss. So maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration but it really does cause my skin to get itchy and even red and bumpy. I know that many , many , many ladies out there can agree.
Tonight!!!! I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM! I have been searching for a way to combine the HOT trend of facial hair while avoiding the feeling of daggers sticking into my skin. I give you BEARD HEAD. This perfect piece combines the best of both worlds,the look of a massive beard and moustache with the comfort and coziness of a soft knit texture! Perfection! I know what I am going to be buying Mr. Wonderful for the Fall! Oh and ladies if you are feeling the urge to jump on this TREND WAGON...It actually comes in PINK TOO!