Monday, February 1, 2010

Is AXE Body Spray the new Drakkar Noir


Every once in awhile I will be shopping around Target and strolling down the fragrance isle and I find myself drawn to that deep dark black bottle with the white writing that so simply states Drakkar Noir. Everytime I take the smallest whiff memories of : spin the bottle, 7 minutes in heaven, shell necklaces from the shore, first kisses and MC Hammer pants come flooding back to me. I always think to myself there just has not been a fragrance for the Tween generation like Drakkar was in the 90's. Well it seems that I am incorrect. According to the New York Times,

"Younger boys are using Axe body sprays to feel more masculine. Though the target demographic for the products are men ages 18 to 24, boys from 10 to 14 are buying the products. A middle school gym teacher on Axe: "It’s not necessarily a hygiene thing. If they’ve been sweating, they’ll use it as a mask instead of a shower."

For the rest of this insightful article on this Tween essential check out this article in the NYT.


Now back to my Charles in Charge reruns:)

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't smelled "MEN 212" by Carilina Herrera It's a delicious fragrance for men. I had a hard time finding something for my husband on a shopping trip to Macy's one day. I drove the women at the men's fragrance counter crazy. Some smells started off OK......but the notes at the end weren't holding up to my liking..Then I got a sniff of MEN 212.....P.S. He can never spray enough on, and I wrap myself around him every time!!! Just thought I'd share. Thanks, Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Type O It's "212 Men" If you saw the bottle you'd understand the confusion as to which comes first...212 or Men.
    Distinct, innovative, elegant, and subtle, this warm fragrance offers a long-lasting sensuality. Inspired by the energy and international allure of New York, 212 Men fragrance is impeccably attired in a bottle inspired by the world's most refined objects. It is packaged in a carton of colors evoking those same key notes of energy, style, and panache.
    Notes:
    Grapefruit, Ginger, Mandarin, Aquatic Molecules, Sandalwood, Guaiac Wood, Musk.
    Style:
    For a sexy, sophisticated, subtle, and spontaneous man.

    ReplyDelete