Monday, May 17, 2010

Psssst...Greaseless Lightning


This past week I was perusing through the aisles at Ulta and I came across a product that I personally had never seen before.  The product was called ROCKAHOLIC Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo by Tigi


As soon as I saw this product I just had to have it.  One, because the packaging and marketing invoked my inner 80's Hairband Rocker Side and Two, I had never seen Spray On Dry Shampoo.( something I obviously had to try)

I left ULTA with a spring in my step thinking I had just discovered this HOT new product that no one had ever seen before.  I was thinking that this new innovative product was going to take over the beauty scene.

Much to my surprise as I started to research my new product  I discovered that it was the geniuses of the 70's who really created this DRY SHAMPOO Phenom. Back in the Super 70's there was a super cool product called Psssst.  Check out the Retro Ad below.



Regardless, I was eager to try the 2010 version of  Psssst that I had purchased, so when Saturday rolled around, I decided to give it a go.  I had entertained on Friday night so I had washed my hair in the early evening on Friday.  Now it was Saturday morning and my hair was in need of another washing if I was going to make it through the day without a baseball cap and ponytail.  Some people are able to maintain greaseless hair for two days but my hair needs to be washed on a daily basis.  Instead of washing my hair, I broke out my shower cap, hopped in the shower and took a quick shower, it was super speedy because I did not have to wash my long tresses.  Once I was out, It was time to break out the Rockaholic!  So I followed the directions on the spray can and I made sure to shake it up before applying it on the hair. I did the hair flip and sprayed the underside near the root and then flipped back over and sprayed the root area by the part and the sides in the front.
Voila...my hair was complete! BUT DID IT LAST????



I am thrilled to report that it worked and I loved it!  My hair was even looking good when I woke up Sunday morning but by that point, I was ready to wash that Rock right out of my hair.   So grove on over to Ulta and pick up some of this Rockaholic....it's addicting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you - my hair needs a wash every day if I want to go without a hat! And if I'm headed out at night, I usually wash it again so sometimes it's twice a day. If I don't have time for the second shower though, I've also become a fan of this product from Aveda:
    http://www.aveda.com/product/CATEGORY11970/PROD10351/Limp_Flat_Hair/Recommended_after_Drying/index.tmpl

    It's a small enough bottle that I can keep it in my purse so if I'm headed out after work and my hair needs a little pick me up - there it is! It comes out in powder form but when you rub your hands together or rub it in your hair, it becomes more textured so that it actually feels like it's getting right down to the roots and lifting them up off your head!

    I'm totally going to try me some Rockaholic tho!!

    ReplyDelete