Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mr. Sketch meets Ms. Covergirl


One of my absolute favorite things from my childhood is my memories of Mr. Sketch Scented Water Color Markers.  For those of you who have never experienced Mr. Sketch you are missing out. They are vibrant colored markers but they are smelly markers. Each one a different scent such as Pink/Melon, Purple/Grape, my favorite Blue/Blueberry and so on and so on.  These markers are great! Just catching a glimpse of the little watermelon man on the box of these little treats makes me smile.

While strolling through the aisles of CVS trying desperately to avoid the cosmetic's aisle due to the fact I am addicted to that aisle, I spotted something that forced me to head straight to the Covergirl section.  As first, I thought did they stock the office supplies in the wrong section of the store?  But NO! Much to my surprise Covergirl has come out with a lipstain in the shape of a MARKER.  Outlast LipStain Marker is not quite a Mr. Sketch Marker but none the less a Marker.  Of course I had to buy 3.  To be honest, the last thing I needed was another lip stain but since this product brought back such vivid Mr. Sketch memories, I had to give it a go!

Tonight was the night I broke into these Little Lip Lovers and I must admit they are just so damn fun!  As promised they applied beautifully, the point of the lip marker is great for lining lips and then filling in the rest of the lip to create your perfect shape.  The color I chose for tonight was Plum Pout and though it wasn't exactly what I had expected the color was great, more of a raspberry color.  One thing I really liked about this lipstain was it did not crack and dry my lips out as the night went on.  I also popped some gloss on top as the night went on and the lipstain continued to work its magic.  So overall, the lipstick as a lipstick would get a B+ but add in the fun factor and its gotta be an A ! Just watch your color choice because they are not an exact match to the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment