Thursday, March 18, 2010

To Plump or Not to Plump that is the question...

I am sure you have all seen the increased number of lipgloss plumpers on cosmetic market these days.  At first, I was skeptical but with a little research I decided that I think these lip plumpers are pretty cool.  Anything that keeps women away from going under the knife or freezing their faces with injections is great in my book.  My motto is " keep the plastic holding the cosmetics, better then applying the cosmetics to a plastic face".

So I dug in and purchased a bunch of very cool looking lip glosses with lip plumping capabilities.  I have officially tested 8; my lips have never been so plump.  One thing I noticed right off the bat was that the majority of the products that I tested had one thing in common; they caused what I call the pins and needles lip.  As soon as I applied these pretty colors to my kisser most of the plumpers caused some lip numbness and a bit of an uncomfortable tingling sensation except for one. One stood out like a shining star.

PURPLE LAB NYC has the LIP PLUMPER WINNER with their Huge Lips Skinny Hips. This product is great with a wonderful selection of colors.  It is a great gloss by itself even without the plumping factor but the plumping factor is a FABO extra bonus.  When applied you might feel an ever slight tingle but nothing uncomfortable in any way.  The gloss is long lasting, moisturizing , it leaves your lips looking and feeling JUICY.   I adore this gloss.  It is 100% going to become a purse staple.  I recommend buying one directly from the PURPLE LAB website because the website itself is a kick and so fun to read.  I feel a favorite line coming on, I really adore all of what Purple Lab has to offer. More to come...



*SIDE NOTE:  One that I must caution you about is one that I picked up in Target and you might be tempted to pick it up yourself because the marketing and product "look" was terrific! Sexy Mother Pucker for $8.00 at Target is one that you should steer clear of. It burned my lips incredibly for about 10 minutes and even though I saw some great plumping action it really was not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment